This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors. It is something that reminds everyone of home. It is easy to make using the Philips Processor, as you do not need to knead the dough using your hands. Prepare it at home easily and in a healthier way.
Servings 4 people, Preparation time 2 hours, Cooking time: 20 min
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 whole egg + 1 egg white
- 5 tablespoons zaatar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg yolk beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Preheat oven to 200 C
- 2. In a large bowl, combine warm milk, yeast, sugar. Using the Philips Avance Collection Food Processor, whisk together until foamy.
- 3. Add the rest of the dough ingredients to the milk mixture, stirring everything until it comes together to form ball.
- 4. Knead the dough using the Philips Avance Collection Food Processor until smooth.
- 5. Shape dough into a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover and let it rise until doubled in size, 1-2 hours.
- 6. While the dough rises, combine the za'atar and olive oil in a small bowl.
- 7. Grease a springform pan.
- 8. Roll the dough into a rectangular shape & spread the filling on top. (it is preferable to do it over a cling wrap / paper as it will roll easier)
- 9. Roll the dough into a cylinder & cut into smaller pieces.
- 10. Fit into the spring form and top with olive oil & some extra zaatar. Top with egg wash.
- 11. Reduce temperature to 180 and bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- 12. Let it cool then serve.