You can use any type of descaling agent (liquid, powder or tablet) to descale your kettle. If you use a descaling agent, follow the instructions on the bottle or package to descale your kettle.
If you prefer to descale your Philips Kettle using vinegar, please follow these steps:
1. Fill the kettle with water up to three-quarters of the maximum level and bring the water to the boil.
2. After the kettle has switched off, add white vinegar (8% acetic acid) to the maximum level.
3. Leave the solution in the kettle overnight.
4. Empty the kettle and rinse the inside thoroughly.
5. Fill the kettle with fresh water and boil the water.
6. Empty the kettle and rinse it with fresh water again.
7. Repeat the procedure if there is still some scale in the kettle.
Note: If you dislike the smell of vinegar, you can use citric acid.
Note: Regular descaling prolongs the life of your kettle. In case of normal use (up to 5 times a day), the following descaling frequency is recommended:
- Once every 3 months if you use soft water (up to18dH).
- Once every month if you use hard water (more than 18dH).